Thursday, November 24, 2011

Top 12 Things I am Thankful for.


  1. I am thankful for a God that is forgiving of my faults.
  2. I am thankful for my husband. Stephen is the most kind and loving man that I know and I really do not deserve him. He takes wonderful care of us and is a great Daddy.
  3. I am thankful for Sam. That kid drives me crazy-(paying for my raising... I think so!) He is so smart and I see him growing everyday. I love him to pieces.
  4. I am thankful that I am able to be a stay at home Mom. I means the world to me that I am able to be with Sam during the day. We have a lot of fun learning new things, going new places, and being lazy watching movies.
  5. I am thankful for my family. I am a lucky girl. I have a large family - from brothers and sisters to 1st 2nd and 3rd cousins and the greats- there is nothing small about my family. I love my family so much and look forward to the time that I get to spend with them.
  6. I am thankful for Stephen's employment. Whendriving to the airport Tuesday to pick up Stephen's Mom, we saw so many homeless people begging for change on the corners. It hurt our hearts that we only had a little cash and could not help everyone. It made me think about how there are so many people that can not find work right now. We are always so focused on how unhappy Stephen is with his current employment situation that we often miss the bigger picture.
  7. I am thankful for my Mother in Law. I am very fortunate to have a mother in law that is easy to get along with.
  8. I am thankful for my daily phone calls with my Gus. I am proud of the woman she has grown into. I am SO thankful that the little annoying girl that followed me and my friends around - begging to play too has grown up and is now one of my best friends. I love her and would not trade her for anything.
  9. I am thankful for my daily talks with my Maw Maw. I know that we do not see eye to eye on much but I am thankful that I am able to call home and talk to her everyday. I miss her terribly since we have moved.
  10. I am thankful for the roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, and food in our bellies.
  11. I am thankful that I had a Mother that showed me theimportance of tradition. This year I am cooking the full Thanksgiving feast. I cook every item that was on my Mom's menu. She spoiled us so much. I have thought about her a lot while cooking. Maybe it is because I am using most of her recipes. I miss her so much that words can not describe it.
  12. I am thankful for my friends. I have to say I do have some pretty awesome friends. I have forever friends that I would consider family and I love them dearly.

There is much more that I am Thankful for but I am going to have to cap it at 12 or we will be here all day and our turkey and ham and stuff will not get cooked.

I hope each and everyone of you have thought about w
hat you are thankful for and that you are gluttonous today!

No comments:

Post a Comment